Printable Calendar (PDF) (Please print landscape)
All events and their orders are subject to change without notice!
Each of these dates is a Saturday, with the exception of the May 5/15 show.
2021-2022 Gymkhana Show Schedule
All regular shows begin at 9 am except when weather gets hot.
Setups must be called in 48 hours in advance of the show date and time.
If you are not signed up 1/2 hour in advance you will not ride the first event!
Make that first event by calling a couple of days in advance and pre-signing before Noon Friday before a show: Click Here.
Printable entry forms to bring to the show: Click Here (PDF)
General Meeting Mins
Welcome Packet- Discussed for New Year (30th Season)
- Must be a returning member or new member to vote.
- Must be a CGA member to ride at shows.
- Los Vaqueros Membership Due by January.
CGA Membership Renewal
- CGA will NOT send out forms to remind you of expired membership. You may pay for CGA membership at the show, mail in, or online on the CGA website.
- Member’s responsibility to keep CGA membership up to date, but Jo Cloud will have Expired Membership sheet.
CGA Awards vs Club awards
- CGA Awards are through the state- Club Awards for local club points.
- CGA has Level 1 or Level 2 Awards you can try to achieve.
- See CGA website for more information or ask a Board Member if interested in state level awards.
- CGA is having convention this year
- Date to be determined.
- Chris Crane will be delegate to pick up awards for members who signed up for a state awards last year. Or you can mail in payment to CGA to have them shipped to you.
- We will continue to hold 4 show Buckle Series
- Need sponsors
- If you are a Los Vaqueros member you do not need to pay fee to be entered in buckle series.
- Must ride in 3 of the 4 shows, and ride in at least 4 events at each show.
- Discussed you can start the season in any division; you can rate in one division above.
- Do NOT get points for division below or two divisions above.
- Starting fundraisers at the beginning of the year.
- Poker Ride only Mandatory fundraiser! Other fund raisers are optional
- Popcorn Fundraiser- Melinda will hand out form in October.
- Play day- Must be CGA member to ride. (Allowed one play day a year through CGA)
- Unable to have Play day this summer due to heat.
- Possibility of having it in fall. More information to follow.
- Discussed the idea of a 4D Barrel Race Fund Raiser – Find a producer to help support, will need Los Vaqueros members to volunteer. More information will be posted at a later date.
Calendar for Next Year- Convention/Jr Rodeo
- Convention is usually sometime in Fall. May have to use rain date for November show depending on when Convention is. Will post if dates need to be changed.
- No schedule yet for Jr Rodeo’s next season.
Judges & Judges Test
- Going to be possibly 2 judges down next season- In need of judges.
- If you are interested in becoming a judge, contact a board member, or judge with any questions.
- If you are ready to start apprenticeship you may contact state by email to receive a packet.
- August 14th @ Deanna’s @ 4pm.
- Catered by El Portal – Club will provide dessert & drinks.
- Possibility of “A” 13 under Division- Not enough kids to split “A” division. Something to consider in the near future pending on the number of kids in A.
- Needing RIDERS to be at the gate on time. (Does not include arena workers) Judges will give a 1 min call. If not at gate, you will be given a warning, and if it continues it may result in disqualification.
- Kids to not play on the fence, or dirt hill behind arena.
New 2021-2022 officers
President: Chris Crane
Vice President: Melinda Alexander
Treasure/ Show Secretary: Jo Cloud
Club Secretary: Kristina Wada
For those of you would wanted to go to a State Show this year! This is being put on instead of a State Show. Very similar to what the State show does! https://vspurs.com/bigbang/
It’s that time of year again. Elections for Officers and Board members for Los Vaqueros for the 2021-2022 season.
- Vice President
- 5 board member positions
If you would like to nominate someone or run for an office please send an email with what office to Chris Crane . You do not have to be nominated to run for an office. However, if you nominate someone they must agree to run for that office.
If you have any questions please ask Chris Crane