General Meeting Mins
Welcome Packet- Discussed for New Year (30th Season)
- Must be a returning member or new member to vote.
- Must be a CGA member to ride at shows.
- Los Vaqueros Membership Due by January.
CGA Membership Renewal
- CGA will NOT send out forms to remind you of expired membership. You may pay for CGA membership at the show, mail in, or online on the CGA website.
- Member’s responsibility to keep CGA membership up to date, but Jo Cloud will have Expired Membership sheet.
CGA Awards vs Club awards
- CGA Awards are through the state- Club Awards for local club points.
- CGA has Level 1 or Level 2 Awards you can try to achieve.
- See CGA website for more information or ask a Board Member if interested in state level awards.
- CGA is having convention this year
- Date to be determined.
- Chris Crane will be delegate to pick up awards for members who signed up for a state awards last year. Or you can mail in payment to CGA to have them shipped to you.
- We will continue to hold 4 show Buckle Series
- Need sponsors
- If you are a Los Vaqueros member you do not need to pay fee to be entered in buckle series.
- Must ride in 3 of the 4 shows, and ride in at least 4 events at each show.
- Discussed you can start the season in any division; you can rate in one division above.
- Do NOT get points for division below or two divisions above.
- Starting fundraisers at the beginning of the year.
- Poker Ride only Mandatory fundraiser! Other fund raisers are optional
- Popcorn Fundraiser- Melinda will hand out form in October.
- Play day- Must be CGA member to ride. (Allowed one play day a year through CGA)
- Unable to have Play day this summer due to heat.
- Possibility of having it in fall. More information to follow.
- Discussed the idea of a 4D Barrel Race Fund Raiser – Find a producer to help support, will need Los Vaqueros members to volunteer. More information will be posted at a later date.
Calendar for Next Year- Convention/Jr Rodeo
- Convention is usually sometime in Fall. May have to use rain date for November show depending on when Convention is. Will post if dates need to be changed.
- No schedule yet for Jr Rodeo’s next season.
Judges & Judges Test
- Going to be possibly 2 judges down next season- In need of judges.
- If you are interested in becoming a judge, contact a board member, or judge with any questions.
- If you are ready to start apprenticeship you may contact state by email to receive a packet.
- August 14th @ Deanna’s @ 4pm.
- Catered by El Portal – Club will provide dessert & drinks.
- Possibility of “A” 13 under Division- Not enough kids to split “A” division. Something to consider in the near future pending on the number of kids in A.
- Needing RIDERS to be at the gate on time. (Does not include arena workers) Judges will give a 1 min call. If not at gate, you will be given a warning, and if it continues it may result in disqualification.
- Kids to not play on the fence, or dirt hill behind arena.
New 2021-2022 officers
President: Chris Crane
Vice President: Melinda Alexander
Treasure/ Show Secretary: Jo Cloud
Club Secretary: Kristina Wada